To take part in our virtual races all you need to do is run the distance you've picked on the race day and then send us your entry.
You can enter by either joining our LMSC Virtual Races club on Strava and setting your run to public, or you can export a .gpx file and then email it to [email protected]. When doing this please let us know the name and location you’d like listed in the results.
If you’re entering through the Strava club we will take Strava’s Moving Time and will not adjust this if you’ve run further than the distance you’re entering. If you are able to email us a .gpx file we will use an app we’ve developed to calculate your exact time.
Here are some articles that our members have used and found useful:
Lots of our members like to listen to audiobooks when we run, here are some running related suggestions:
- The Rise of the Ultra Runners by Adharanand Finn - About the increasing popularity of ultra running. You follow the author’s journey to the Ultra Trail Mont Blanc - it’s like a race review of some of the best ultra races in the UK
- Born to Run by Christopher McDougall - About a tribe in Mexico called the Tarahumara who run 100s of miles every day just for fun, and how running is human’s evolutionary super power. It’s really funny and life-affirming but also quite educational about why runner’s get injured
- Running Like a Girl by Alexandra Heminsley - Great and funny advice about going to buy your first pair of fancy trainers and underwear and various bodily functions, also the second half is about trailblazing women runners like the women who secretly entered marathons
- Jog On by Bella Mackie - She started running to deal with mental health issues, and there’s loads of good advice for beginners.
- What I talk about when I talk about running by Haruki Murakami - World renowned novelist Murakami reflects on his experiences as a long distance runner.